about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Motivate Your Workout

If you are struggling to stick with a workout routine or want to add something new your current one, nothing drives motivation more than a group workout. Every wednesday a handful of my coworkers meet at our local park for an hour of sweaty torture fun.


The best part of this motivational workout is it's free! I bring with me a handful of exercise equipment, like jump ropes, but if you don't have any on hand, you can make up routines using your own body weight. Start with a warm up, then create a workout station for each person. Using a timer, each person works their station for 45 seconds, with a 15 second break to move to the next station. Repeat 2-4x! Follow it up with some cardio and a cool down.


The workouts can be completely customizable. Choose to focus on one body part like shoulders and back or do a full body routine. 


I love my TRX - it really is a portable gym. Here I am using it to work my back!


Get creative with the outdoors. We used the park bench to create an intense version of a push up.


Combine movements to get an even better workout - jump squats with an 8lb ball for oblique twist.

or add intensity by only using one leg for balance.


Either way, everyone can make it their own. I know I push myself harder when I see these guys giving it their all. And don't even think about bailing on workouts once you have a core workout group - it really isn't worth the guilt :)



and always keep it fun!  This may be my favorite photo, not sure Gavin is always this happy during the workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment