about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Taco Soup for Supper

When calendars are crammed and weather is wintery, nothing soothes the soul better than a hot bowl of soup, especially when all you need to do is heat it up. I often double my soup recipes so I can do just that. Here is one of my all time favorites - Taco Soup.

2 lbs grassfed beef
1 diced onion
1 15oz. can pinto beans
1 15oz. can kidney beans
1 15oz. can black beans
1 15oz. can niblet corn or frozen corn
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro (or any mexican tomatoes)
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
1 4.6oz can sliced black olives
1 large packet ranch seasoning
1 taco seasoning packet
additions: sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips


Brown beef with onions. Drain excess fat. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for several hours. Top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.  Also goes well with blue corn chips. 

Speaking of soup, I am planning a souper christmas party for my family at my house before Christmas - the perfect meal after long hours of travel. So more soup recipes to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment