about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Slovene Food: Traditional Goulash (With a Side of the Ljubljana Castle)

If there is one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVE FOOD. 

Goulash isn't just a fun word to say (Goo-lawsh), but one of the most traditional dishes you will find in Slovenia and Budapest. It's a soup that is downright delicious. Beef is the most common type of meat in goulash, but I also tried the venison version, so the recipe is versatile. At Sokol, I ordered mine with a side of "cheese rolls" which was ricotta cheese rolled in a dumpling-like dough.

traditional goulash

I will stir up a recipe of my own, but for now, I'll leave you with this traditional recipe.
 
After dinner, it's a short walk to the Ljubljana Castle, a stunning view and plenty of exercise to get to the top. I started counting how many stairs it took to reach the top, but lost count.. I'd say that's a good thing when I'm eating my way through Europe!

ljubljana castle
The gang from the top.. A-mazing view!

ljubljana castle
The view from only halfway up!


More from Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment