Project Time: 3.5 hours
Project Cost (4 Chairs): $145.79
- $100 - Chairs (craigslist)
- FREE (on hand) - 120-grit sand paper
- $20 - 1 2/3 yards linen fabric (Joann's 50% off)
- FREE (on hand) - Staple gun
- $5 - Small roller
- $10 - Quart of paint (Martha's Stewart in Heavy Cream)
- $.79 - Sponge brush
- $10 - Finishing wax
- FREE - 2 old rags
Step 2: PAINT - Make your own chalk paint (TUTORIAL), and use a roller to cover the chairs. I also took a sponge bruch to get into the nooks that weren't reachable by the roller. I did two coats.
Step 3: WAX - Use a rag to apply a thin coat of finishing wax to your chairs. Then, take a dry rag to wipe off, giving it a matte finish.
Step 4: REUPHOLSTER - Reupholster your seat cushions with new fabric (TUTORIAL)
Step 5: ASSEMBLE - Screw cushions back to chairs, and test them out!