about craft cook sweat style travel contact

A Fresh Herb Garden

Sometimes all you need is paint to bring new life to an old object. I found this planter on its way to Goodwill and quickly snatched it from my mom's pile. I was in need of an herb garden and this was going to be a perfect fit. I actually really like the rustic look of the planter before, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for stenciling!

Since adding a "W" wasn't a part of the planned project, I needed to make due with a few household items. I recommend using contact paper for stenciling, but I had none. So I searched my kitchen and found some Glad Press n' seal. I drew my initial on the non-sticky side of the Press n' seal, cut out the letter with a straight edge, and placed the sticky side on the frame, careful to press out any air bubbles remaining. I sprayed the open space with my remaining beige paint, let the paint dry and removed the seal. Some green onions, basil and an aloe plant (that I am happy to report is coming back to life) made my herb garden complete.






















No comments:

Post a Comment