about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Artist Spotlight - East Atlanta Strut

This past weekend, we went to the East Atlanta Strut. There were so many talented artists on the streets of East Atlanta, so I want to share some of the ones I thought that really stood out.


First and foremost, we needed fuel. We began our early Saturday morning with breakfast from Octane - lattes and PB&J parfaits!


The Rep your Hood guys had a great spot at the festival, and were really easy to find.. all you had to do was follow the great music blaring from their tent! Callie picked up a couple of fabulous prints, and we got to hang out with them for awhile, which was a blast.

Photos from: http://repyourhoodapparel.com/
We were also introduced to Pat McNeely, a mixed media artist, who actually used to work at the same company as us! If I could describe Pat in one word, it would be FUN... and so is his artwork. As a Georgia Tech graduate and fan, Callie immediately fell for his BEE moods. Creative layers of acrylic on wood, and a play on words are fun and inspiring. Check out Pat's web site for a full showcase of talent.
Photo from http://www.patmcneely.com/artwork.html
 Monica's Handmade Bath & Body makes a variety of all-natural products. Her soaps made me stop in my tracks. Her chai latte soap scent smelt just like my drink from Octane earlier that morning! Keeping it local, she even had soap made with Sweetwater beer on display! Her products are carefully handcrafted, and extremely affordable.
  
A gift for my nephew (L), and a little something for me (R)!
I spent a long time choosing artwork from Go Jump in the Lake, who screen print rustic signs on wood. Since all wood has a different texture and grain, each piece is bound to be unique in it's own way, and no two are the same. I have a sweet spot for the Beatles, so I had to buy an "All you need is love" sign, and I also picked up a little gift for my nephew. Go Jump in the Lake now produces artwork for more than 600 stores around the country, including the L.L. Bean store in Freeport, Maine.

The day wouldn't have been complete without a popsicle from King of Pops! Could you say no to lemon basil and coconut latte popsicles??!

No comments:

Post a Comment