about craft cook sweat style travel contact

This Ain't My Mama's Southern Living

I let out a squeal when I opened my mailbox this weekend - my first issue of Garden & Gun magazine arrived! The magazine is extra wide and each page is thick and glossy. It feels as swanky as the content itself. The latest issue is full of glamorous threads, stories of inspirational southern entrepreneurs, mouthwatering eats and a guide to the new sounds of Nashville.

My favorite read of this issue was on Mark Sage of Bobo Intriguing Objects. With a mixture of old and new objects found and created, I will be making time to visit his outpost soon. 
 
The cover photo and dedicated article is of Nashville's latest Nikki Lane. Listening to a few of her songs for the first time, I think her stuff is more for classic country lovers like myself. This simple front porch song reminds me of some the great oldies.

The best part is the content is enjoyable for both gals and guys. I think my coffee table will be excited to meet her new friend, Garden & Gun.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE Garden & Gun - So happy it seems to be thriving despite a down time in the magazine world. I was so pumped last year when they featured one of my tweets as "Tweet of the Month." My year was made. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete