about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Dessert Please

I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I made my first QVC impulse purchase last Sunday. I fell for the sales pitch and bought an amazing vitamix, but I surely do not have buyers remorse. I have already made delicious soups and one of my all-time favorite desserts, primal approved, ice cream-anana.
You can also use any food processor or immersion blender to create this treat. All you need is a frozen banana and coconut cream or milk.

Directions
1. Freeze your naners without the peel, wrapped in tin foil. I always do this when they are starting to brown. It's better than tossing food! One banana equals one serving, so add the number of bananas desired to the blender.
2. Begin blending the frozen banana, adding cream to reach desired consistency.
3. Add flavors of choice like blueberries, cocoa nibs or cinnamon. In the photo above I used fresh basil. The banana takes on any flavor you add, so if banana is not your thing, switch it up.
4. Scoop into bowls and enjoy.

side note: bananas, while natural, do contain between 15 - 20g of sugar, so I still categorize this recipe under special treats.






No comments:

Post a Comment