about craft cook sweat style travel contact

JCT Kitchen Deviled Eggs

Deviled eggs are a holiday staple in my family, so when Ally and I saw them on the menu at JCT kitchen, we had to order. After all, Ally and I have been celebrating the holidays since August.

I decided to make this classic southern recipe the next weekend to pair with my husbands secret-recipe-ribs on his new smoker.  I went with a traditional deviled egg recipe and added prosciutto for a JCT taste. Deviled eggs take about two minutes to make once the eggs are boiled and cooled, so they are also a perfect app for a last minute holiday party.


JCT Kitchen Deviled Eggs with Prosciutto
6 eggs - boiled, cooled & peeled
2 tablespoons mayo (Duke's is the best!)
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon white vinegar - I have also used Sherry Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar
salt and pepper

to garnish:
paprika
prosciutto

to create:
Carefully cut the eggs in half long ways. Pop the egg yolk out into a bowl. Set the empty egg white on the serving tray. Once you have all of the egg yolks in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Honestly, I do a little of that, a little of this, until I get a nice consistency and a mild taste (not too mustardy, not too salty) but the amounts above will work too. Mix until creamy. Spoon the yolk mixture into the empty egg whites. Garnish with paprika and prosciutto.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment