about craft cook sweat style travel contact

My First Link Party

I am officially 'attending' my first link party December 4th. The party theme is holiday mantels, hosted by one of my favorite blogs, The Lettered Cottage. I have been looking forward to decorating our 10 foot mantel since the day we built her for our little cottage - photos here.

Ballard Design and Pottery Barn, please stop sending me your completely cozy holiday catalogues, tempting me with perfectly constructed strands of garland and clusters of 'real' pine cones. I have my adorable yard sale misfits, a blooming holly tree outside and more pine cones than I could ever use, right in my front yard. So what should I do?
Pottery Barn pine cones  pictured above $20
Something simple and elegant like the mantel from Thrifty & Chic:

or something lavishly lush from Family Holiday:

and then there is always cute and crafty:

Check back November 30 to see the finished mantel all dressed up for her first Christmas. And let me know if you will be joining. All shelves and ledges are welcome too.


No comments:

Post a Comment