about craft cook sweat style travel contact

Finding Happiness is Havana

This past weekend Corey and I decided to escape Atlanta and drive south to visit his lovely parents. Weekends in the city are great, but sometimes I need the simpleness of south Georgia. The fields of cotton, the rows of pecan trees and the white farm houses, dotting the two lane drive to Bainbridge, GA make me smile.

Growing up, I was only a passerby of small Georgia towns, as we made our way to the pan handle of Florida. It was not until I met my husband, did I get to see the charm that these small cities hold. On this trip to south Georgia, we ventured another 20 minutes south to the quaint town of Havana, Florida.  We spent the day wandering through antique shops, admiring the local artwork and enjoying the cafes.

Just add sweet tea and this porch is perfect.


I fell in love with this dresser at one of the local antique shops. A little makeover and she would be the perfect feminine bedside table.


This kitchen cupboard gave me a great idea for an upcoming project -replace wood doors with screen to display my antique dishes.


Antique dishes like these gorgeous mint dessert plates. Finds like these are perfect for dressing up a table at wedding and baby showers.


and best of all was getting to spend time with family.


What a wonderful weekend away.


1 comment:

  1. Great antiquing finds! You guys should definitely take a trip to Serenbe, GA. If you haven't been - the town is super cute and the Inn reminds me of the porch you posted. You guys would love it!

    Corbin

    ReplyDelete