about craft cook sweat style travel contact

I dream in ikat


My hubby and I just moved in to our very first home. It’s a small bungalow in the heart of Buckhead. I am truly head over heels for it. Our first furniture purchase was this mid-century modern sofa from Room & Board. With the hard lines, this pretty girl is in need of some fluffy pillows to bring in some warmth and coziness. Visions of ikats, stripes and linens have been dancing thru my head.
I headed off to Lewis & Sharon Textiles during lunch today. It was like I was a little girl again set free in the Barbie isle. Rows of beautiful fabrics, brilliant designs and amazing textures. (post on my dreams of being a fabric designer to come) anyway – I found about 100 fabrics I liked, narrowed them down to about 20, cut some samples and skipped back to the office in time to spread them across the floor to show Ally. 

I picture large linen pillows with smaller ikat pillows to bring in color. Maybe add a subtle stripe on the reverse side of the pillow. These are my top 4 ikat finalist:


Next weekend is my birthday (yippie!). I think sewing pillows will be the perfect way to celebrate. Okay so maybe not, but hopefully these will get done soon and I can share my step-by-step process for sewing piped pillows!





No comments:

Post a Comment